- 80g sago (sago pearls)
- 1L boiling water
- 75g rock sugar
- 150ml water
- 2 large ripe Thai mangoes
- 1 large bag frozen mango chunks
- 1 pomelo (200g for 8 people)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300ml evaporated milk
- Add sago into 1 litre boiling water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, cover the pot with lid and let the sago continue to cook on its own for about 10 minutes, until all the sago turns translucent.
- Drain the cooked sago, rinse under running water to remove excess starch. Set aside.
- Make sugar syrup by adding sugar to water – heating until dissolved
- Cut fresh mango into small bite size cubes and set aside in fridge to keep cold.
- Peel pomelo and remove and separate sacs – store in fridge to keep cold.
- Add frozen mango and evaporated milk into blender, blitz until smooth. Add sugar syrup to taste
- Add cooked sago pearls to the mango mixture. Chill in fridge until ready for serving.
- To serve, portion out to individual serving bowls and garnish with the chilled pomelo sacs and cubed mangoes.