Feeling the Halloween comedown?
Pulling down those fake cobwebs and vigorously scrubbing that fake blood stain off your face before work?
Wondering what you’re going to do with those leftover pumpkins?…that one we can help with!
Invite your friends round and show off with this ultimate recipe for the perfect gooey roasted pumpkin fondue.
1 whole pumpkin
Crusty bread, to serve
100g emmental, grated
100g gruyère, grated
100g mature cheddar, grated
1 tbsp cornflour
100g crème fraîche
2 tbsp white wine
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Start to prepare your pumpkin as you would for carving: cut off a ‘lid’ and scoop out all the seeds and membranes (brains). Put the lid back on and sit the whole pumpkin on a sturdy baking tray. Bake for 1-1.5 hours depending on the size of the pumpkin.
- Mix the grated cheeses with the cornflour until completely coated and no excess flour remains.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and increase the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Layer up the cheese, crème fraîche, white wine, shallot and garlic inside the pumpkin.
- Lift back into the oven and bake for 30 mins or until the fondue is hubbling and bubbling.
- Enjoy with crusty bread or chopped veg!