From the first time i tasted mango sago pomelo as a child in Hong Kong, i just could not get enough and has been my favourite dessert ever since! If you haven’t tried it before i definitely recommend giving it a try, here’s how i do it…
Mango Sago Pomelo Soup Dessert
- 80 g sago (sago pearls)
- 1 L boiling water
- 75 gm rock sugar
- 150 ml water
- 2 large ripe Thai mangoes
- 1 large bag frozen mango chunks
- 1 pomelo (200g for 8 people)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml evaporated milk
Method for Dessert
- Add sago into 1 litre boiling water and simmer for about 10 minutes. Turn off the stove, cover the pot with lid and let the sago continue to cook on its own for about 10 minutes, until all the sago turns translucent. Drain the cooked sago, rinse under running water to remove excess starch. Set aside.
- Make sugar syrup by adding sugar to water – heating until dissolved
- Cut fresh mango into small bite size cubes and set aside in fridge to keep cold.
- Peel pomelo and remove and separate sacs – store in fridge to keep cold.
- Add frozen mango and evaporated milk into blender, blitz until smooth. Add sugar syrup to taste
- Add cooked sago pearls to the mango mixture. Chill in fridge until ready for serving.
- To serve, portion out to individual serving bowls and garnish with the chilled pomelo sacs and cubed mangoes.